Make your money work harder with our highest checking account interest rates. eCentive Checking account by Heritage Bank NA, rated #1 on Bankrate.com for Best Overall Checking Account, is the best checking account for those that want to earn a high interest rate from a versatile checking account.
eCentive® CHECKING Account Rates
|2.02% APY1||for qualified balances of $0.01 – $100,0001|
|0.14% APY1||for qualified balances greater than $100,0001|
|0.05% APY1||Base Interest Rate (non-qualifying)|
Note: For larger balances and rates, please see our Jumbo Account
3 Easy eCentive® Qualifications**
- Total monthly debit card purchases posted to your account equaling a minimum of $500*
- Have at least one direct deposit or automatic payment (ACH) each month
- Enroll and receive monthly eStatements
Monthly eCentive® Incentives
- Earn our highest yielding, best checking account interest rate**
- Automatic ATM refunds up to $25 dollars when qualifications are met – (Refunds for domestic ATM fees charged by other ATM owners and MasterCard cross border/currency conversion fees for debit card foreign transactions)
eCentive® CHECKING Account Features
- No minimum balance
- $100 minimum to open account
- Monthly eStatements required – Must have valid email address to enroll ($4 per month if you fail to enroll and paper statements are sent to you through U.S. Mail)
- Debit card included
Additional Features and Requirements
- Primary account-holders (based on social security numbers) are limited to two (2) eCentive® Accounts at Heritage Bank NA
- Overdrafts & NSF: $33 per item, per presentment
- Free Digital Banking, Mobile Deposit, ePay (online bill pay), and more!
- Transfer money electronically to or from your account – anytime, online
- $30 fee if the account is closed within 6 months of opening
- Interest rate is variable and may change after the account is opened
Enroll in Save UP to Save Money
Enhance your savings with Save Up. Save Up automatically rounds up every purchase you make to the nearest dollar and instantly deposits it into your savings account. Save Up is a great way to build on top of your current saving strategy. Save Up works with your eCentive Checking account but you have to enroll.
To opt-in to our Save Up program, just fill out a quick form in our digital banking app, or call a banker at 1-800-344-7048.
Ready Reserve Line of Credit
Learn how a Ready Reserve Line of Credit can protect your checking account from overdrafts. It will also simplify small and short term loans.
Make informed decisions about your savings and checking accounts. For up to date rate information, check Current Interest Rates.
Learn more about the benefits of FDIC Insurance coverage for your checking, savings, and certificates of deposits.
Digital Banking provides a secure and convenient way to manage your finances. Get started with Digital Banking today.
*Please note that ATM transactions do not count toward the debit card purchase requirement.
**When the eCentive® Account qualifications are met, balances up to $100,000 will earn that qualification rate for the entire statement cycle. Balances of $100,000.01 and above will receive that qualification rate for the entire month. If applicable, sales tax will be applied to service charges for accounts opened in Iowa.
1APY = Annual Percentage Yield. Fees may reduce earnings. Interest rate is variable and may change after the checking account is opened.
Interest Rates Effective Since June 23, 2023.