What is Mobile Banking?
Why should I use Mobile Banking?
Is there a cost for Mobile Banking?
Do I need a special phone?
How can I get Mobile Banking?
Can I use more than one device to access Mobile Banking?
I use Business Online Banking. Can I access Mobile Banking?
Mobile Banking App
What is Mobile Deposit?
How do I know if I’m eligible to use Mobile Deposit?
How much does it cost to deposit a check with my phone?
Is Mobile Deposit safe?
How do I make my first mobile deposit?
Why am I unable to deposit my check?
How will I know when the check has been posted to my account?
Where can I download the Mobile Deposit Terms & Conditions?
Please review the Mobile Deposit Terms & Conditions to find out about Mobile Deposit Capture and more:
- Your daily and per-item deposit limits
- What types of items cannot be deposited through Mobile Deposit Capture
- How to endorse the check for remote deposit
- When your mobile deposit will be available to you for use
- How long you should keep the actual deposited check after you’ve submitted it for mobile deposit
Q: What is Mobile Banking? With Mobile Banking, you can use your mobile device to securely access your Heritage Bank accounts from your mobile device to check account balances, pay bills, transfer funds, find your nearest bank location and ATM and more. NOTE: Some of the functions may not be available for all mobile devices and/or mobile device carrier plans. Back to top
- When you’re at the electronics store, and you see that big screen HDTV you absolutely just have to buy – play it safe & make a quick check on your account balance and make sure you have enough money before you purchase
- How many times do you find yourself simply waiting around? If you’re waiting at the DMV, or waiting at the airport for your flight – this would be a great time to get in tune with your spending habits by checking and reviewing your transaction history
- When you’re out on vacation, out traveling, or simply have no computer access, you might have a bill you forgot to pay from home or a bill that is due very soon. Don’t cut it close. Ensure that you’re never late on any of your bills by making a quick and easy bill payment from your phone.
- Going out this Friday night and realize you’ll need some cash? Find your bank’s nearest ATM from wherever you are, which just might be at a convenient store a block away. Back to top
Q: Is there a cost for Mobile Banking? Our mobile banking is absolutely free – even more reason to use Mobile Banking.* Some add-on services within the standard bill payment service, such as Popmoney payments, have service charges. Applicable fees will be displayed on-screen while you’re setting up the transaction. Back to top
Q: Do I need a special phone? Mobile Banking will work with virtually all of today’s phones and most major mobile service providers. You need a smartphone or iPad to use our app, but we offer other options for other web-enabled phones and text-based mobile banking. Back to top
Q: How can I get Mobile Banking? It’s really easy to get Mobile Banking. All you need is a Heritage Bank Online Banking account and at least one of the following: an iPhone, Android, or iPad, a web-enabled device, or standard mobile device with text capabilities* Back to top
If you already have Online Banking, log in and click on “Options” and select “Mobile Banking” to get started. You will need your mobile device with you to complete activation. Follow the steps on screen to complete your enrollment and set up your account. You can return at any time to make changes to your mobile banking settings. If you do not currently use Online Banking, please contact the bank at 800-344-7048. Back to top
Q: Can I use more than one device to access Mobile Banking? Yes, simply follow the same steps under the How can I get Mobile Banking? section to activate and manage each of your devices. Back to top
Q: I use Business Online Banking. Can I access Mobile Banking? Yes, we also have an app for our business online customers.
Mobile Banking App
Q: How do I download the Mobile Banking app? When you activate and request the Mobile App service, you’ll receive a text message containing a link to download the Heritage Bank Mobile Banking application. When you click that link on your device, you’ll automatically be directed to the appropriate application for your device.
If you need to request that link again, sign in to Online Banking, click on “Options” and “Mobile Banking.” You’ll receive a text message containing the link.
Or, simply search for Heritage Bank NA in your app store and download from there. Back to top
Q: How do I access Mobile Banking from my phone’s browser? When you activate and request the Mobile Web service, you’ll receive a text message containing a link to access Heritage Bank’s Mobile Banking from your device. When you click that link on your device, your phone’s browser will take you to the sign in page for Mobile Banking.
If you need to request that link again, sign in to Online Banking, click “Options” and “Mobile Banking.” From here you’ll be able to request a text message containing the link. For additional assistance, please contact the bank at 800-344-7048. Back to top
Q: What is SMS Text Banking? Text Banking makes it easy for you to check account information via text message, receive text alerts and find the nearest ATM or bank location in seconds. To use this service once you’ve activated Mobile Banking, simply send a text message with one of the Text Banking commands to 99588, the short code for Heritage Bank Mobile Banking. Reply “HELP” to 99588 for help. Reply “STOP” to 99588 to cancel this service.* Back to top
We recommend using a short account nickname for Text Banking since you will have to type this into your device each time you send us a text message to request transaction history. To change your account nicknames, sign in to Online Banking, click “Options” and “Mobile Banking” to manage your devices and accounts. Back to top
Q: Where can I find all text commands? Simply text HELP to 99588 and you’ll receive a text message with all text commands (BAL, HIST, etc.). Back to top
Q: Can I receive text alerts about my accounts on my phone? Yes, sign in to Online Banking and click “Account Alerts” to configure your alert preferences. Back to top
Q: What is Mobile Deposit? Heritage Bank’s Mobile Deposit is a way to electronically deposit checks from your iPhone or Android device using using our Mobile Banking service. Back to top
Q: How do I know if I’m eligible to use Mobile Deposit? To use Mobile Deposit, you must be a current Heritage Bank customer with a checking account. You must also be enrolled in Online Banking and have downloaded the free Heritage Bank Mobile Banking app. Before depositing your first check, you must read and accept the Mobile Deposit Terms & Conditions. Back to top
Q: How much does it cost to deposit a check with my phone? Mobile Deposit is free to Heritage Bank customers**. Just download the Heritage Bank Mobile Banking app to begin. Back to top
Q: Is Mobile Deposit Safe? Check deposits made through the Heritage Bank Mobile Banking app are protected according to the highest financial industry standards. Security features include: password protection, internet firewalls, and 128-bit encryption. Making a deposit with your phone is as safe as using Heritage Bank Online Banking. Back to top
- Make sure you have downloaded the Heritage Banking Mobile Banking app for either your iPhone or Android device
- Sign in on the Heritage Bank Mobile Banking app and select “Deposits” from the home screen
- Select “New Deposit” and then select the checking account into which you want to deposit the check
- Enter the deposit amount
- Endorse the back of your check with “For Mobile Deposit Only”
- Snap pictures of the front and back of your check
- Submit the check for deposit
- You will receive an onscreen confirmation that your check was received by Heritage Bank. You should check your Heritage Bank account that evening to make sure it was accepted without errors. Back to top
- Folded or torn corners
- Front image is not legible
- Amounts not matching
- Routing and account numbers are unclear
- No camera on the device
- Image is too dark
Try using Mobile Deposit in a well lit area to prevent shadows and poor image quality. Keep your hands clear of the check while taking the picture. Back to top
Q: How will I know when the check has been posted to my account? After submitting images of the front and back of your check, you will receive onscreen confirmation that Heritage Bank has received your deposit. You will also have the option to email a confirmation number to yourself. At that time, your check will be processed by Heritage Bank staff. Please see Heritage Bank’s Funds Availability Policy for more information about deposits. Please do not dispose of your check or attempt to process at another institution or through another channel (ATM or in-bank). Doing so will lead to this service being removed. You should hold onto your check for 30 days and then destroy or shred it. Back to top
Q: Is my mobile device secure to use? I feel secure with my computer. I like to use my computer for my banking activities and I have concerns about using my phone. Rest assured. Mobile is safe to use!
- Smartphones such as iPhones, Android and Blackberry have a very controlled and secure operating system
- Mobile Banking uses 128 bit SSL encryption just like Online Banking – which basically encrypts and protects any transmission of data including customer account information
- Mobile Banking uses strong Firewalls just like Online Banking – which protects from unauthorized or malicious intrusion
- Mobile Banking uses your Username & Password for access, just like Online Banking. And just like with Online Banking, your account will lock down after so many incorrect attempts from your mobile device
- Mobile banking uses additional Security Q&A authentication for initial access to your account
- We strongly encourage you to secure your device by using a PIN or password to unlock your phone Back to top
- No personal information from your Mobile Banking account is ever stored on the phone. Your password is never stored.
- Your login session automatically times out after a specific period of inactivity
You can disable mobile banking on your device at any time from within online banking. Or call us at 1-800-344-7048 ext 3989 during business hours. We can either un-enroll your device or suspend the service until you confirm the phone is actually lost. Back to top
Q: What happens if my access is locked or if I need help? Call us at 1-800-344-7048 ext 3989 during business hours and we’ll unlock it after assuring it is you making the request. Back to top
*Message and data rates may apply. Check your mobile service provider plan for details.
**Heritage Bank does not charge you a fee for using this service. However, charges from your wireless carrier may apply. Regular account charges apply. The Mobile Deposit service is subject to availability. Deposit limits and other restrictions apply. Access to Heritage Bank’s Mobile Banking app and Mobile Deposit require a valid Heritage Bank Online Banking login.