Heritage Bank’s Health Savings Account (HSA) is an interest bearing account designed to help eligible individuals save for current and future qualified medical expenses and is used in conjunction with a High Deductible Health Plan from your insurance provider.
- $50 minimum deposit to open account, waived if regular ACH deposits established at account opening
- Earn interest on the full balance of your HSA with tiered interest
- $50 setup fee ($30 setup fee if done online); to be paid at the time HSA is established, may be deferred for up to 30 days
- No monthly service charge on account.
Additional Features and Requirements
- Variable interest rate may change daily; Interest calculation is based on daily (collected) available balances and is compounded monthly
- Free eStatements or $5 per month if paper statements are mailed
- Free debit card; no checks with account
- Overdrafts & NSF: $33 per paid item; $36 per returned item*
- $30 fee if account is closed within 6 months of opening
- Transfer money electronically to or from your account…anytime, online
- External Transfer: $50
- IRS corrections: $10
- Excess contributions: $20
- Make tax-free distributions from your HSA for qualified medical expenses using:
- Debit card at merchants and service providers—FREE
- Debit card to get cash at an ATM
- ePay online bill pay—FREE
- In bank withdrawal—$10.00 each
* Overdrawing your HSA will cause the plan to be disqualified by the IRS.
Make informed decisions about your savings and checking accounts. Click here for more
up to date rate information!
Learn more about the benefits
of FDIC Insurance coverage
for your checking, savings,
and certificates of deposits.
Mobile banking provides a secure and convenient way to manage your finances. Click here to get started with mobile banking.