Heritage Bank’s Health Savings Account (HSA) is an interest bearing account designed to help eligible individuals save for current and future qualified medical expenses and is used in conjunction with a High Deductible Health Plan from your insurance provider.
- $50 minimum deposit to open account, waived if regular ACH deposits established at account opening
- No monthly service charge on account.
- Variable interest rate paid monthly
- $4/month service charge to receive paper statement; waived if paperless eStatements are selected
- $50 setup fee ($30 setup fee if done online); to be paid at the time HSA is established, may be deferred for up to 30 days
- $30 fee if account is closed within 6 months of opening
Additional Features and Requirements
- Transfer money electronically to or from your account…anytime, online
- Earn interest on the full balance of your HSA with tiered interest
- External Transfer: $50
- IRS corrections: $10
- Excess contributions: $20
- Overdrafts & NSF: $33 per paid item; $36 per returned item*
- Free debit card; no checks with account
- Make tax-free distributions from your HSA for qualified medical expenses using:
- Debit card at merchants and service providers—FREE
- Debit card to get cash at an ATM
- ePay online bill pay—FREE
- In bank withdrawal—$10.00 each
* Overdrawing your HSA will cause the plan to be disqualified by the IRS.
Make informed decisions about your savings and checking accounts. Click here for more
up to date rate information!
Learn more about the benefits
of FDIC Insurance coverage
for your checking, savings,
and certificates of deposits.
Mobile banking provides a secure and convenient way to manage your finances. Click here to get started with mobile banking.