This disclosure contains information about terms, fees, and interest rates for Health Savings.
To open this account you must deposit at least $50.00 into the account. This is waived if regular, automatic (electronic) deposits are established at account opening.
Variable Rate Information
The interest rate for this account is based on an applicable balance tier. Current tiered interest rates and corresponding Annual Percentage Yields (APYs):
|$.01 – $999.99||0.15%||0.15%|
|$1,000.00 – $2,499.99||0.25%||0.25%|
|$2,500.00 – $4,999.99||0.30%||0.30%|
|$5,000.00 – $9,999.99||0.35%||0.35%|
|$10,000.00 and over||0.50%||0.50%|
This information is accurate as of February 25, 2019. If you would like additional rate and yield information, please call us at 800-344-7048.
Your interest rate and annual percentage yield may change. We may change the interest rate on your account daily, at our discretion.
You must maintain the daily collected (available) balance for an individual tier to obtain that annual percentage yield. We use the daily balance method to calculate the interest on the account. This method applies a daily periodic rate to the principal in the account each day.
Interest will be compounded monthly and credited monthly. If you request to close your account prior to interest being credited, you will receive your accrued interest. Fees may reduce earnings.
Interest will begin to accrue no later than the business day we receive credit for non-cash items, i.e., checks you deposit to your account.
We reserve the right to require written notice, 7 days in advance, before we allow you to withdraw from your account.
All deposits to a Health Savings Account (HSA) will be accepted as “current year” contributions unless we are notified at the time of the deposit. There are no checks allowed with this account.
Overdrawing your HSA will cause the plan to be disqualified by the IRS.
Service Charge Information
Set Up Fee: $50.00 or $30.00 if opened online
Mailed Paper Statements: $4.00 – waived if enrolled in eStatements
Returned Mail/Returned eStatement*: $5.00
Debit Card: First card at no charge
Debit Card at point of purchase: FREE
Online Bill Pay: FREE
In Bank Withdrawal: $10.00
IRS Corrections: $10.00
Excess Contributions: $20.00
External Transfer: $50.00
Account Closure within 6 Months of Account Opening: $30.00
If your account remains at a zero balance for 6 (six) months it will be closed.
Reopen Closed Account: $10.00 per time
Mailed Paper Statements*: $4.00 – waived if enrolled in eStatements
Foreign Deposited Check: $5.00
Deposited items returned: $7.00 per returned check
Foreign Deposited Items Returned: $15.00 per returned check
Stop Payments: $35.00 per item
Overdrafts/NSFs: $33.00 per item
Returned Items: $36.00 per item
[Note: Overdrawing your HSA will cause the plan to be disqualified by the IRS.]
Additional Debit Cards or replacement cards: $10.00 each card
Abandoned account: $50.00, one-time fee
Negative Balance Closing*: $25.00
- Alta IA – 202 Main St Alta, IA 51002
- Anthon IA – 115 E Main St P.O. Box G Anthon, IA 51004
- Aurelia IA – 148 Main St P.O. Box 626 Aurelia, IA 51005
- Cushing IA – 107 Main St P.O. Box 136 Cushing, IA 51018
- Holstein IA – 101 N Main St P.O. Box 100 Holstein, IA 51025
- Lytton IA – 200 Main St P.O. Box 229 Lytton, IA 50561
- Sioux City IA – Downtown – 505 5th Street, Suite 100 Sioux City, IA 51101
- Sioux City IA – Morningside – 4530 Singing Hills Blvd Sioux City, IA 51106
- Pennock MN – 242 1st Street N PO Box 189 Pennock, MN 56279-0189
- Raymond MN – 202 Cofield Street PO Box 235 Raymond, MN 56282
- Spicer MN – 110 South Street W PO Box 658 Spicer, MN 56288-0658
- Willmar MN – 310 1st Street SW PO Box 1124 Willmar, MN 56201-1124
- Sioux Falls SD – 140 N Phillips Ave, Suite 101, Sioux Falls SD 57104