Location: Location open within our geographic footprint (Minnesota/South Dakota/Iowa) for the right candidate.
Department: Real Estate Lending
Underwrite mortgage loan applications in accordance with industry standards and Heritage Bank NA loan policy.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze and evaluate loan applications and supporting documentation to determine program eligibility, creditworthiness, and assess the repayment capacity in order to minimize risk or loss.
- Communicate the written underwriting findings and assist with possible resolutions to deficiencies found in the file.
4-year degree or equivalent work experience.
- MUST have prior experience with Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA, VA loans.
- VA LAPP/SAR highly preferred
- 2-3 years or more previous experience in a related position.
- Underwriting knowledge for secondary market (Freddie, Fannie, etc).
- Underwriting certification is a plus.
- Effective time management skills
- Well-developed interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Detail-oriented with excellent decision making and problem solving ability
- Able to work accurately under deadline pressure.
Heritage Bank offers a competitive compensation and benefits package to include health, dental, vision, life, LTD, STD, supplemental insurance, 401k, Roth, 10.5 paid holidays, lots of PTO, and company ownership through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan!
Heritage Bank NA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Deadline: Monday November 2nd, 2020