JOB TITLE: Controller
LOCATION: Location Open (preference to be in or near one of our locations in SD, MN, or Sioux City, IA)
DEPARTMENT: Accounting & Finance
Leads and directs the Bank’s accounting and finance functions. Oversees effective project and change management. Establishes and maintains the Bank’s overall accounting systems, procedures, and policies. Directs all analysis and reporting of financial information including strategic planning, budgets with 80/20 emphasis and required filings and reports. Presents findings and recommendations to senior management on strategic financial issues/decisions. This is a working leader position that will assign themselves a portion of the day to day business and fill in when Team Members are not available.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages accounting, fiscal reporting, budgeting, and financial analysis functions of the Bank Ensures proper accounting functions are handled in a timely and accurate manner.
- Primary responsibility for cost control through monitoring, challenging, consulting, negotiating assigned vendor contracts, recommending risk insurance coverage, and balancing acceptable risk decision making with profitability goals.
- Manages Bank’s capital, liquidity, and interest rate risk components of the CAMELS rating system.
- Responsible for managing the ALM process and preparing key reports for the quarterly ALM Committee meetings..
- Counsels management on financial controls and profitability.
- Day to day transactions as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or equivalent experience. MBA a plus.
- CPA, CIA, or CMA Certification is a plus.
- 7-10 years financial experience with increasingly responsible management positions
- Demonstrated knowledge related to the position and applicable regulation
- Banking experience required
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Strong interpersonal skills along with solid verbal and written communication ability
- Good priority management and organizational skills
- Attention to detail and a customer service focus
- Strong computer skills as related to the position
- Working knowledge of legal and regulatory banking compliance
Heritage Bank offers a competitive compensation and benefits package to include health, dental, vision, life, LTD, STD, supplemental insurance, 401k, Roth, 10.5 paid holidays, lots of PTO, and company ownership through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan!
Heritage Bank NA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Deadline: Monday June 3rd, 2019