Location: Open to Willmar, MN, Sioux Falls, SD, or Sioux City, IA
The Quality Assurance and Compliance Officer is responsible for establishing internal strategies, policies, procedures, processes, and programs to prevent violations as well as design and deliver a risk management framework that maintains risk levels within the Bank’s risk appetite that protects the Bank and its employee owners.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Formulate and recommend procedural enhancement with a focus on quality assurance to increase effectiveness and efficiency within the organization.
- Identify and assess Heritage Bank’s key compliance risks. Ensure these risks are effectively monitored, measured, and controlled, consistent with the bank’s policies, processes, and risk appetite statement.
- Coordinate staff compliance training to ensure knowledge and understanding of compliance rules and requirements.
- Coordinate audit processes that include reviewing, analyzing, and reporting findings. Collaborate with other departments to direct compliance issues/concerns to appropriate channels for evaluation, investigation and resolution. Respond to alleged compliance violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures.
- Keeping abreast of regulatory changes, new regulations and internal policy changes in order to further identify new key risk areas.
- Partner, collaborate and work with other areas within the bank to develop an environment of self-identification of outstanding procedures, risks, and challenges to ensure Quality Assurance and Compliance risks are identified and mitigated.
- Select, train, supervise and evaluate Quality Assurance and Compliance personnel in a manner consistent with Heritage Bank objectives, policies and procedures.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- 4-year college degree in related field
- CRCM designation preferred
- Expertise of compliance laws, rules, regulations, risks, including local and US laws
- 3 years or more of experience in quality analysis and measurement activities
- 10 years or more Banking experience
- 3 years or more supervisory experience
- Experience in managing regulatory exams and relationships with examiners, auditors etc.
- Proficient in HMDA compliance
Other Skills / Characteristics:
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members; to influence and lead people across multiple business units;
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to articulate complex problems and solutions through concise and clear messaging;
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, innovative and adaptive;
- Proficient computer skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Decision making and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Highly motivated, strong attention to detail, team oriented, organized
Heritage Bank offers a competitive compensation and benefits package to include health, dental, vision, life, LTD, STD, supplemental insurance, 401k, Roth, 10.5 paid holidays, lots of PTO, and company ownership through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan!
Heritage Bank NA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Deadline: Monday December 2nd, 2019